Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Merry Month of May

I saw this on Pinterest when searching for storage solutions and thought it looked wonderful.

May 3rd is my Dad's 90th birthday, we plan to go over on the 5th to celebrate with him. My brother or niece is taking him out on his birthday and the other one is doing it the next day...I got a feeling he is going to have a birthday WEEK. I put on my FaceBook to family and friends to mail him a card or call him and had his neighbor (my soul sister's mom) mentioned she would take him for a ride and sandwich for his birthday. He has been her garden guru for over 30 yrs.

We will be meeting with Hubby's parents to buy their old truck. Another trip.

ALSO will make 2 trips down to see the kids and drop off stuff might be 3 as 3 of the kids need help with yard work and getting rid of some things.

We have a produce auction to go to May 12th and maybe the 26th.

My to do list....sigh...

Priority. transplant sweet potato slips...then move vacuum to where the slips are sitting, the exercise bike to where the vacuum is setting and my desk and computer tray to where the exercise bike is so I don't have to clean off the dining table of my work every single meal. I also will hang the shelf I bought at a yard sale on the wall at my desk for storage and bring in the file cabinet I also bought at yard sale for my desk area. IF I can I'll move the printer to my desk and use the area the printer sit in for my jacket, boots etc for when I walk out that door to take dogs on perimeter. IF I can get that done things will be easier to maintain.

Plant something every day in the gardens or in pots. Weed and harvest and immediately process (I"m bad about letting it sit in frig or wherever) when needed.Make the weed killer spray, do another round of Neem oil spray, deal with fire ant nests and spray house for regular ants. Will have to check mice baits as Landlord's son told me he found a couple in the grainary which is right across the driveway from the house.

Get a better routine for Home Blessing and sewing to include time for push mowing that I will be doing instead of Hubby.Keep laundry caught up and try to use clothesline (without the items getting blew in the garden).

Change out the lights to LED bulbs in closets.

I need to get the pressure canner checked STILL.

Finish great Grandson's afghan...this is doable while I take the webinars of the courses I need for our health ins points , well really at this point I want the points for the Amazon card since I've already got my ins paid for

I need to update the yard sale list.

TO finish emergency supplies...pillows for us, a blanket for the dogs to lay on .Fresh water!! Double check cook stove and those supplies.Instant coffee would be good as when Hubby is wet and cold (he is with Homeland Security and does HAM radio for them so he knows) he wants hot black coffee.
Recheck medical supplies for both us and the dogs. Buy corned beef, corned beef hash, minute rice and cream of chicken soup to finish out the food supplies.

Go through the pantry and the butler's pantry for old stuff and what will need to be focused on putting up this season. Since I know we will go 4 months without any income I want to make sure we have a variety and plenty of food with Hubby being home also. We hope to find a new home in the spring and move during warmer weather. We've moved enough and moved the kids enough in winter and nasty cold wet rain of springs and falls to NOT want to do it again.

I need to update the grocery list and non food list and check for coupons and sales.

I need to keep checking that we are not missing something along the way as we move towards retirement.

I want to increase the savings from 20 % (still have 2 loans we pay on) to 30%. I'm not sure we can do that every month until he retires but I would like to try for it.

Blessed Be each and everyone of you.






No comments:

Post a Comment