Monday, July 2, 2018

90 plus degrees, heat index over 100 and humidity above 80

Swelting is the term Daddy uses. Said it was a combination of sweating and melting. If it was after July 22 I would say the dog days of summer which runs from July 22 to Aug 22. I really hope it's just early and not that it's going to get worst at the end of July.

We have taken to opening the doors before 7 am to get fresh air in the house and closing it back up by 9 am. Curtains are drawn across the tops and binder clipped to keep the sun out  with sheers shading the bottom so we get light and don't have to turn on lights. We took down the chandelier in the dining room (needed to take it to 209 anyways) and installed the old ceiling fan. We have to keep it on low or it triggers the gauge to the ac as it blows air there. Won't have that issue at 209 as our electrician made sure that issue wouldn't happen when he installed the thermostat.

The grill is at 209, I doubt if  either of us would go out to cook on it after being outside most the day in the heat anyways. I've been fixing quick foods that can be reheated in the microwave for a couple meals. We don't care much for sandwiches. Frankly neither of us care to eat at the end of the day between being hot and tired. Hubby will grab a salad but I can't always eat salad due to my Crohn's. Couple suppers have been ice cream with fruit.

I mended some shirts and a couple pair of work jeans for Hubby.

I change the dogs water 4 times a day.

I washed clothes with homemade laundry soap and vinegar for the softener. Still not using the clothes line as they are back to working on the road in front of us.  I do put the dryer on sensor and wash and dry the heaviest first so if it's not dry the first load it can be tossed in with the second load. What ever isn't dry in the last load goes on the drying rack.

Hubby has quit needing a light on in the kitchen during the night when I leave the dining room curtain open at night. I close them at night as people from a mile away can see in if there is lights on in the house and they are driving down the road.Its a window that faces the away from the road so unless they are coming down the lane they can't see in.

We have been going to bed by 9 (so no lights and the ac isn't as cool as during the day) and up by 4-5 am. Under doctor's orders I rest between 1 -3 in the afternoon.

I continue to sort and pack for 209. I am using used cardboard boxes and Rubbermaid totes bought on sale at Home Depot by Son 2 using his military discount. The totes are for things that will be stored in the barn loft like Christmas stuff and out of season items.

I've been searching for winter curtains for 209... I am not willing to pay $100 for 1 set of curtains so I will be finding material and making my own. The windows are not regular sized windows but not something we will be replacing this year.  I have curtains for the lofts as Son 2 gave me his old curtains that he didn't use any more. I am going to line them for winter.Only 12 more windows to figure something out.

Hubby is doing a lot of outside work moving fence, dealing with the gardens, the pond etc over at 209. Gas Buddy and Kroger fuel points has been a lot of help on saving on gas. We are still under budget for that area.

When we go to town we combine errands. I had a last minute doctor appt (thank you sinus infection heading in to strep) so pit stopped on the way home at the store to do a partial shopping. We did the rest of the shopping the next day as I had to go back in to get my meds for the infection.

I would admit our meals have been BLAH... and that is something that bugs me (I am a chef after all) so Son 2 that started Home Chef has taken to sending me a picture of his meal (he eats the 2nd serving as his lunch) every night and I share it with Daughter 4. Who is a great cook and at the BLAH stage as she is single again and the kids are with their dad.

He is plating them according the the directions... SO I am sharing them with you. He does add a side of fruit. Says he is eating healthier as he is getting more veggies in and actually is saving money of $5 a day from lunch and the $100 of food he was throwing out every 2 wks as it got bad before he got it ate.








They include the recipes so he can make it for others if he wants or if it's not on the menu that they change weekly.

Blessed be





No comments:

Post a Comment