Wednesday, June 23, 2021

And the ball keeps rolling

We are still waiting for appraisal to come in.  

Unless the strawberries bloom again this fall... those are done with the last batch in the freezer.

Blackberries are coming on slowly. I had 4 today.

Blueberries are the size of peas but are turning as I got 8 today. I was surprised to get any as they definitely got hit with the frost and snow with blooms.

We had 8 sour cherries off the trees. 

I picked snow peas three times. I picked regular peas twice. Hubby told me I needed to pick again today as he was just out in the gardens.

I dehydrated basil, cilantro, dill weed, sage, oregano, rosemary, and apple mint. I will reload today.

We have ate from the gardens or pantry.

I got 1/2 bushel of peaches for $24.50 from Amish bulk store. They were told they  were cling free... they aren't. I made 7 qrts, 5 pints of peach jam with half of the. Saved pits and skins (will make jelly with that). Today I will finish the peaches making freezer jam. I will call the other bulk store and see if they have cling free for my canning. I like halves when I can them as fruit and check to see what apples they have in. 

Hubby got the last of the rebar for the basement ramp that should start this Saturday or next Saturday. J got slowed down on the job he is trying to finish to start ours with the weather that came through. He also picked up some odds and ends while at Menards we were needing for other projects. He paid ZERO out of pocket since he used rebates.

I ordered Resveratrol (take for cholesterol with a side benefit is helps lower dementia risk also), dehydrator screens, a spice grinder (mine is making noises) and 3 kindle books about Blue Zone life style and eating during Amazon Prime Day for ZERO out of pocket using Amazon coupon and cash back points.

E brought two of his horses over to graze his pasture on the south side of us and our pond area so we won't have to mow that area saving Hubby time and gas. He said he would mow it around the pond (he can get a lot closer with his side mower and horses) after he removes these two in about a month or so.

I have one med to only take every other day  and another only as needed... that will save $15/month between the two. 

How is it going with you?

Blessed Be




 

2 comments:

  1. You are always so busy and productive, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food sounds delicious. Dehydrating is the best way to go in my opinion. Did a doctor recommend resveratol? I have heard it is helpful. Keep it up and maybe you will not have to mow. I should have used my Prime points/dollars! Rats!

    ReplyDelete