Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Welcome to my insane world.

 I stepped up to the window and caught this



I am slowly (in my opinion) recovering. The work load crushed Hubby. I was pretty much sleeping on the bathroom floor for 3 days. I can't remember having the dry heaves so bad or the gas being like labor contractions. Hubby did take over to M what was coming in the garden and told her I was down. I only lost so peaches he forgot.... Really really not bad. 

I have canning, dehyrating and freezing to do. Forget housework at this point. I will clean the sinks and toilets. I did wash all my bedding as I ran a fever of 102(normal for me is 97.9) for 2 days. Took me all day as I dried it on the line then tossed in dryer to "heat" it for germs.

Hubby was going to finish cutting up the last of the wood E had brought up last year he gave us, when E stopped him and told him his brother needed someone to go get supplies for E's mom. Hubby went over and talked him, phone calls made so orders would be ready to be picked up... sounds easy right? HELL NO. 

What should have been a 2 hr. run became a 5 hr run. One company forgot to pull part of the order and they go had make the trip to go get it from other company. Then Hubby was listening to the Brother explain what he was trying to do in the new wash room when Hubby caught that how he was going to run the water wasn't going to work and they sat down with the store guy and worked that out (added an hour). Then as they were getting ready to come home found a message on Hubby's phone that the other brother had a piece of equipment they needed so not too much out of way to swing by and get it RIGHT?  It is when he was in the middle of a project himself USING IT.Being good brother and friend, they helped him finish it before hauling the equipment off. Hubby took 4 messages for E over pallets his is building. E charged the company $5 for each message they had Hubby take when he had Just TALKED TO THEM from our home phone.

SO last night after things quieted down he looked around and admitted he could not handle the house if he was by himself. I told him to not worry about it, he could have E fix the front bay when the orginial owner lived while he built the house for him and rent the rest for one of the Amish. Electric to barn is separate from house so the house could go off grid and the barn be on grid. I did tell him that he wouldn't need to garden. A few of the Amish have started doing some canning for elderly Englishers and I was sure M and the girls would do that for him.

I know what I should be doing today... I don't know what I will be doing today. 

3 comments:

  1. Hanging sheets in the sun kills germs. You certainly have a lot going on right now. Hopefully, you recover fully soon and things will right themselves for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your strength and energy back soon.
    Take care of yourself.
    Bun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure we all live in the insane world. But when I want to have a pity party I think of my nextdoor neighbor who is dying of cancer and desperately wants to live.

    ReplyDelete