Thursday, August 27, 2026

LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH.

 Hubby's HAM radio computer went bad, my computers (both finance and social media) are struggling. Son2 and I both need new phones which means Hubby's phone is right behind us. We use Straightalk. This is NOT the time to replace anything incase we need extra $$ to fix basement. They weren't sure how much it would be to tie the drain/sump pump to the existing drain.But gave a ball park price for the estimate. IF hubby uses our tractor to dig up where the drain is, we get money off for that.

Had a drain pipe from barn blow in middle of side yard. Had to fix that. It drains to the county .

I didn't pick wax beans were still a bit on green side, decided to let them go to seed and use them as soup beans as they are NOT heirloom

Hubby thinks the purple beans have went to seed, they are heirloom. Not sure if I can even get to them with how the garden is flooded. KY wonder pole beans, Heirloom I planted for next seeds for next year,.

Melons cracked open and rotted. We had 4 friends say they lost entire gardens. Amish have said their tomatoes were mushy and potatoes and onions,one lost 300 onion, several lost sweet corn during wind storm. E our Amish neighbor said his corn Dented on some of the late corn he planted. Glad I got from the 1st and 2nd planted.

I finished corn yesterday. Normally I would say 2 gallons(aka 2 months) short but we decided if we got corn to eat for the next couple weeks we would be fine. I have corn on cob for for this week already. 

Hubby has gained too much weight, I've lost too much...Doc breathing fire over Hubby but told me to not worry.Meantime my clothes hang on me LOL

We are changing the meal plans to go back to "eating our colors" . 

Hubby wants to change somethings to save more $$ to pay off house. SIGH.






No comments:

Post a Comment