Monday, January 15, 2018

Retirement Mid Jan

Okay, I would have to say flipping to retirement ins has been a lesson in having patience for companies that do not have things in place BEFORE it's needed. We are still waiting for the money that Hubby's company gave him for medical, still waiting for our insurance to show I am covered and not just Hubby. I just want to bang my head on the table when I keep getting excuses as why things are still messed up after 6 wks of dealing when it was suppose to be only 4 wks..

Glad we put back 3 months of costs of ins in savings since we are having to use OUR money instead of the money the company gave us for that.

Glad We put back the FULL amount of out of pocket/deductible also because we are using it to pay medical bills because they keep saying Hubby is covered under family plan but I am not the family...I'm the only other one besides him on this insurance.

Glad we had 3 months of household bill amts in savings so we weren't late in paying the bills when it took 4 days to transfer his monthly amt from his 401k to our checking...don't seem to have even a 1 day delay when it comes out of the checking for bills so I don't understand the issue of it going in to the checking. BUT still at least our bank warned us to not count on it for 5 business days.

Glad he isn't driving to work every night during these winter storms that keep hitting every 3-4 days.

Paying bills once a month is kind of yucky... but I found we actually save more money when worried we won't have money towards the "end" off our month, which is actually the middle of the month now.

We are more focused on what we can make do with now to have money when we move which we priced out at $4000 not counting someone to pack it in their boxes, just load it and drive it and unload it.. We plan on FREE boxes except for my canning jars, just because we have dealt with broken canning jars of food. Daughter 2 thinks some of the boxes they get in would work for canning jars boxes also so she is going to bring them home if I ever can get her to REMEMBER as she is leaving work LOL.

Blessed Be

4 comments:

  1. We are right there with you on everything here. Add in the application for disability and it is one frustration after another. Threatening letters for DDS that you must respond in 10 days but they do not return calls for a month make us go nuts.

    We have lived on monthly pay for many years. For us it really helps to have some budgets in cash so that when it is gone it is gone. Eat out money is the biggest one. I also have numbers at the top of some budget pages such as food that lets me know where I should be on the spending 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 of the way through the month. This helps me keep on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Daughters all use cash for groceries suggested I divide the cash out by 4 and put it in 4 envelopes. Only take 1 envelope to the store with me. Go every 8th day so even in a 5 wk month the amt is the same for every 8 days.

      Delete
  2. Around here, the liquor stores pile their empty boxes up outside for people to take for moving. Many even have dividers, and are perfect for home-canned food in jars. You just put the jars in the dividers, best as you can, and it's very sturdy, and you don't even need paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daughter 2 is a bartender. She said even with the beer case boxes we could use other cardboard to keep the jars apart,that she has done it with drinking glasses when she moved (the one and only time we didn't move her)

      Delete