Monday, January 15, 2018

Update on new house

This is one of the 3 upstairs bedrooms. Two of them are this size, the 3rd is a bit smaller.There is one area that isn't finished that we are debating on making attic storage or another bedroom.Probably will be storage as it has NO windows and unless we put in skylights there is not another option for a window. Might be just me but I have problems with rooms without windows.Beautiful wood...BUT I am not a fan of total wood BUT I don't want to remove it or paint it either... A friend suggested I leave the ceiling part wood and make a "quilt" railing to hang fabric from . Then I could change the "colors" as I wanted and not mess up the wood. Might work...I could even change the fabric due to the seasons.

Since the central air will not be in this area we decides on this style of ductless AC

None of the bedrooms have closets. Two of the are open lofts with no privacy at all.

We thought about doing something along this line, this is a partial wall
and it also being the back of the closet. . Daughter 2 lived in a house that had these type of sloping ceilings in the bedrooms said they put in drawers on the lower side and the double bars on the higher side and it worked decent for her sons, one that has more clothes than his mother LOL.. Still in thinking stage as this probably won't be done until next fall/winter.

The well has been chlorinated and flushed and tested so that's off the list. Still waiting on getting the septic tank cleaned that the septic tested but the winter storms rolling through has been an issue.

Contractor is having 2 antique sinks refinished and I get first choice to look is I want one of them for the kitchen... If not I have picked this one out
The top faucet is probably what I will buy as it is the style I have used for years and does well with my large pots.

Hubby liked this type of shower head for  the showers. Son 2 has one and it does well for handicap also.

We both thought this style faucet would be good for the bathroom sinks and tub.
or maybe one with two handles for the water but same style.

We don't know if we will have ceiling lights but we are looking to see what we like. We also know we want an outside light at each door but haven't found "the one" yet. We have a chandelier,pot rack, 2 ceiling fans and 2 old copper lights that we could reuse.

This is the color (cherry cocoa) and style of the kitchen cabinets I chose. I don't want my kitchen to blend in since the dining room.family room and kitchen are one room. I would love to have a granite counter top with shades of green and rust(copper) in it but I can't afford granite so our contractor is looking to see what he can find in our price range to give me the same look.

Appliances will be black


this in black with brass handles would be my dream stove...not sure that dream is going to happen because it is the last thing we will buy.

We have to replace our French door with freezer on the bottom frig as our repairman said it was dying . He's repaired it four times already and it's on it's last legs. Guess 10 yrs is the best you can get now days. I have a smaller second one so if it goes out before we are ready to replace it.

I hope the microwave doesn't crap as it's on the "old" side also.

We have to start thinking about furniture also as somethings we have too much and others what we have needs redone or replaced.

Enjoy the day
Blessed Be

5 comments:

  1. Moen faucets are all we buy. Any problem whatsoever and you call them and they send out the parts forever. Two years ago we redid our kitchen because we thought we were moving and we had horrible worn out counters. It would have cost $12K for granite which does not add any value to the house so we went with some beautiful formica and two years later we are still here and I still love them. They have worn very well and are still just as nice as the day they were installed. They cost $1600.

    ReplyDelete
  2. formica would not work as it is easily damaged with heat and sharp knives...been there and done that HUBBY has messed them up more than once. I actually thought of concrete, colored concrete with the thought of "let's see him miss this one up' .LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I thought too until I did some research on it and found that the formica counters are not what they were in the past. And heck, if I get tired of these in ten years I can just replace them with the low cost of them. But after two years I cannot really see any wear on them.

      Delete
  3. It's fun watching you put your new house together. I hope you have the time to keep sharing. And boy, you have to be really impressed with the amount of wood on the interior of that house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the wood was part of the big draw even though I'm not thrilled with how it is in 3 of the bedrooms I won't remove it....

      Delete