Wednesday, December 11, 2019

What a year's worth of food looks like PART 1...lots of pics

In this area I am more like a homesteader and since I live in an Amish (No we are not Amish or Mennonite) I finally fit in.

A year's worth of food for the two of us is
912.5 pints of veggies at 5 servings a day for each of us.
730 pints of fruit at 4 servings a day for each of us.
A pint is a pound the world around as the saying goes.
Not touching beans, condiments of any kind, meat (I don't can meat but I might start as my sister in law cans a great meatloaf in pint jars.) Not touching potatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, celery, rice and other grains.... it can be over whelming if you have not been raised this way as I was.

Kitchen frig after we added the fresh veggies and the stuff needed for Christmas dinner this weekend with SCARES group and Christmas eve with Son 1.

It's a little on the full side 😄😄
Small deep freezer in barn

a year supply of unsalted butter and 2 hams also are in this.

Deep freezer 1 * meat,veggies, breads, cheese,leftovers.

Deep freezer 2
ravioli, bread, cheese, fruit, veggies , chicken

Deep freezer 3
fruits, cheese, meat, bread, appetizers.

Black frig that was just moved from front room to basement






The large meat is a boneless prime rib. I ordered and paid for a 4-5 bone in prime rib for our Christmas eve with Son 1.BUT they did not get the correct thing in so took $3 off per pound for their mistake. IF I had been in the store I still would have only bought 4-5 pounds. HUBBY decided that was a great deal and took the whole thing since it came out to the same amount I paid for the other. Now I have a 20 lb prime rib that needs dealt with. He suggested a couple roasts, some steaks and then line slice some for philly steak subs and philly steak pizza. At least he thought it through BEFORE getting in the truck with




4 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope you do not have a power outage and you have a back up generator. I thought I had a lot of food stored. Can't wait to see the canned goods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have two back up generators. One gas, the other diesel.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add both can run the entire house except the clothes dryer. My cook stove and water heater is propane

      Delete
  2. It's all very impressive, but overwhelming. I hope you can use all that without waste. It must have taken a lot of time too deal with it all.

    ReplyDelete