Monday, July 1, 2024

July 1st 2024

 We set the budget. Set an extra amount to send every month to mortgage company. 

We refinanced in 2021 as we had paid 20% and could #1 get the PMI off and #2 cut the interest rate in half.

So mortgage of 8/2021 was for 30 yrs ending 8/2051 (we would be in our 90s)

With all the other bills we have had I have been able to pay an "extra" 2 yrs so we have 5 yrs paid to pay off mortgage 7/2046, we would be in our mid 80s.

With the set amount we would be paid off 8/2029. 

This is how we set it up for now.

I already use my Social Security to pay all medical,life insurance, birthday and Christmas $ for 35 kids,grandkids, great grandkids, and Hubby's parents.

I will now use my IRA to pay the extra on the mortgage.

Hubby was using his Social Security to cover costs in business, now it will cover what his IRA does not cover of the house.

IF we had the mortgage paid off and bought no groceries we wouldn't need to pull either IRA. 

We decided the set amount we would pay and then he suggested any money left over to be divided between savings and the mortgage. 

He plans to finish cutting the wood that is on site and get it put up for winter. He doesn't ever want to be in the place like we were when he had his heart attack and not have the wood for the winter done. He is trying to get 2 yrs worth on site so it's not a you have to go cut or spend $$ to get it. 

We have 8 garden beds that should be replaced, that is a maybe. I need to go through seeds to make sure I have enough for next year (heirloom and open pollinated) I do harvest my own seeds from some. I need to do more.

I have 3 roses bushes that died completely due to winter weather, maybe 1 peony due to too much and then not enough water thanks to how the rain came in and a 3 fruit trees (we think moles got the fruit trees) PLUS we are battling moles.

Our purple martin house needs replaced.E fixed the top which the birds sit on and noticed it needed replaced so said something NOW. If Hubby wants, he could take this one down and use it for a pattern this winter to make one or he could get one of the Amish to make one as several do in this area during the winter.

Instead of our normal stocking of 2 hams, 2 turkeys, 20 lbs of bacon  and 1 prime rib roast for Christmas eve, we are doing 1 ham, 1 turkey, 1 prime rib roast and 10 lbs of bacon UNLESS I find it on sale. I also need strawberries to dehydrate as I am NOT paying that price to buy them and really wished I had checked on the dehydrated fruit BEFORE the fruit season. I also need blueberries for the freezer. Mine are not making enough and the birds definitely got to the ripe ones before I did.

I checked the FDA food plans for grocery budget, we fall between thrifty and moderate. Since I am stocked as best as I can be or will be when the gardens come in this fall.I am now working on what I will buy at the store when we go every 6 wks. Milk will be bought every two weeks at Save A Lot. 

Now I just need to put what I just finish stocking up in it's proper place

No comments:

Post a Comment