Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Up dates

 Son 2 found his dizziness and falling is NOT from his heart but from a medication issues. Cardo doctor caught it as his wife has the same issue. Ran testing that had decent results. Needs to cut the sodium back more. He is only retaining water in his FEET.

Had to put his cat to sleep, pretty sure she had cancer and was starting to not walk. Hard but necessary.He lost his other cat last year *cancer, both cats were over 20 yrs old. 

Freaking cold at night... mid 50s to low 60s so cleaed the wood stove. Wood on porch .Low got down to 39 last night.

We got coal $390/ ton, Elder Amish asked if we could pick up his for him also since he no longer trust the other person to go get it. Paid us upfront. Coal is going up to $450 plus a ton. Now both households have 6 tons and for the lower price.

Monday we took the wagon to get more blocks.We already paid that so that's take care of.

We will order fuel, gas and diesel next week as the company thinks it will go down some more. We could wait until Nov as we are not out.

We got mineral spirits for our oil lamps. Hubby mentioned they seemed to burn a bit brighter.

Peas have developed pods and they are starting to fill out. SO Fingers crossed they make before a freeze.

I have one more shelving unit to declutter in freezer room  when I get over this flu and then I can start in the bucket room which is really putting buckets back, putting drawers back in Daddy's dresser and moving mixes back in the cabinet (after I write down what is there so I don't buy more). The pantry room won't be bad as I didn't move any of it but the buckets are sitting in there so I am crawling over buckets to get to fruit and veggies jars LOL.

We have stocked up on stuff as it came on sale, coffee, tea OTC meds, rice,etc... will need to stock up on the sugar... 

Leather gloves for the wood for both of us as the wood found the holes in the finger tips. 😉

We have the money invested to pay the meat bill. Pork is coming in Nov/Dec Beef is coming in Dec/Jan. He tries to give a 2 wk break between them.

Now we have to decide of paying extra on the mortgage, saving money that we spent on basement and having the savings back up or split the money between the mortgage and the saving.... SIGH.

Prayers for all 

Blessed be





No comments:

Post a Comment