with expecting rain daily (still, some more) I have to focus on "drier days" like no rain in morning or in between rounds of rain, to get things done in the gardens and out side.Everything else is done when I can't get out due to the rain.
1. pull older broccoli
2. pull bolting lettuce that I don't want the seed from
3. harvest lettuce
4. harvest green beans
5. harvest cauliflower
6. harvest broccoli
7. harvest cabbage
8. replant areas with fall/winter seeds that have been cleared
9. repair north east sq ft
10. add another sq ft garden to south gardens
11. check potted plants
12 harvest basil
13. harvest rosemary
14 harvest tomatoes.
2. freeze broccoli
3. freeze cabbage (cabbage rolls, freezer slaw)
4. bake coconut cream pie for Dad
5. grill out (or I should say grill in the garage :( )
1. hem the dress I am wearing to my daughter's wedding Aug 1st
2. cut out and sew one apron
3. get material for winter curtains (as Dad might be in the master bedroom we will be in room upstairs without heat and it has a lot of drafts) for upstairs bedroom.
4. sew buttons on my blouse
5. sew hem on sheet that came undone due to wind while hanging on clothes line.
6. make new table cloth for the glass dining table we just got.
1: go to Joann's fabric for sales , need needles for machine, thread for dress that I need to hem and need fabric for a few things around the house including for table cloths.I got a coupon in the mail.
2. drop off daughter's wedding gown that has been in storage 16 yrs to dry cleaners
3. go see my Dad and take meals to him. He can still cook but hasn't learned to cook for one and gets tired of eating leftovers...my leftovers are something else though. Also he noticed that when he cooks and smells it , he loses his appetite . It's hot also and he no longer uses his grill.
4. maybe go to Kroger's if there is something there we need. Right now we are getting double points for gas. I saved $49. last month on gas using double pts.
5. We might go to the Scioto Valley produce auction on Friday. Just to see if we can get some broccoli for the freezer.
1. tape "craft room" actually upstairs bedroom but I need a place to have all my crafts and sewing together.
2. primer craft room
3. paint craft room
4. set up craft/sewing room.
1. to actually write on my blog not just think about what I want to write on my blog when I am going to sleep.
Good News! Bad News! - Let's start with the good news! If you've been following A Working Pantry for a while you will know that we get a lot of power outages. We've learned t...
6 days ago