Wednesday, December 11, 2019

one year pantry part 3

I still have turkey broth to can as I just cooked 2 of the last 3 turkeys yesterday.Meat is in the freezers but the carcasses are still simmering. I also still have pickled onions to can and onion marmalade to can.

row one and two
first bucket is jasmine rice and the box is the rose fingerlings potatoes I grew
second bucket is basmatic rice and the box it the Russian fingerlings potatoes I grew.

Row 3 and 4 . The bucket you barely see has dark brown sugar, light brown sugar , and powdered sugar. There is a box of Swedish fingerling potatoes we grew.The bucket on the crate is dried homemade noodles. The next bucket is ramen noodles with the purple fingerling potatoes we grew. The 3 buckets with the popcorn tin on top is regular sugar. 


The bucket is par boiled rice, the crate is more pie pumpkins and jack be little pumpkins.
This is the dried veggies from the garden, dried fruit, condiments, fermented foods and canned fruit

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I was right. There IS an entire grocery store in your basement. In case the Zombie Apocalypse actually happens, we're all coming to your house.

    Uh, you're somewhere in Ohio, right? 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am in Ohio. LOL my kids call my pantry Mom's grocery store and my gardens Mom's in ground grocery store. I get comments about how I organize it like a store and put new behind the old so the older is used first.

      Delete
  2. My kids do the same thing. Our food storage is tier food storage and our garden is their hello fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got to pass this Hello Fresh to Daughter 4. She will get a kick out of it LOL

      Delete
  3. It's amazing but I don't get it; WHO eats all this food? We're on an extremely tight budget, don't waste anything and are frugal & resourceful but even when we were a household of 6, we never could have kept up with owning so much food. To each their own, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to each their own . I know we will eat this much food within 18 months as I have for YEARS kept track of what we eat.Part of that is because of how I was raised , the other is the Chef in me that knows how to figure it out due to working in restaurants

      Delete