Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Motivation Monday Task Tuesday Waste not want not Wed.

Heavens what a week.

Since trash is hauled to the road on Monday night. My motivation was to check all 3 frigs for anything that needed tossed(lost celery that Hubby forgot to wrap tight with the foil). I also finished decluttering the "bucket"(flours and oats in 5 gal buckets) room. Had 2 bags of trash, some recyclables and 3 boxes of stuff to go to Daughter 4. She uses it, passes it on or sells it.  I started a spreadsheet to track what we buy from Amazon. It helps to keep track of stuff and the amount not going on to pay the mortgage down. 😁Boy did that comment make Hubby change his mind about ordering some stuff.

A neighbor sent over a meal... 3 glass containers that were 8 x8 inches. Main dish in one, two sides in the other and a dessert in the 3rd.... just the right amounts for us to have 2 meals from it. Hubby liked the idea of the 3 dishes, he asked if we had any thing that size... NOPE. We hadn't downsized those type of dishes. He did order those from Amazon after going through The Prudent Homemaker site. Maybe we won't have so many leftovers in the freezer because we got tired of eating it.

I made a casserole that I got off Amish365. Zucchini hamburger casserole. Texture was soft like custard can be. We really liked it and have leftover in the freezer for when I am down with surgery.


Task Tuesday...

I used my walker and walked around the 1st floor to make sure I can get around safely after surgery. 

I spent 30 minutes working in the east loft decluttering.

I updated finances and the calendar.

Then I went to bed sick... 24 hr bug


Waste Not Want not Wednesday.

Hubby used the last piece of chicken in the frig to make a wrap (tortilla wrap) for his lunch as he will be between jobs and will be able to eat.

I took a package of thin sliced beef out of freezer for supper. Not sure how it's going to be used until I know what time Hubby is going to get in. If it's going to be late it will be wraps (he loves wraps but not sandwiches)




2 comments: