Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 The house bills are paid for the month and first half of Feb.

Daughter 4 has only 2 more weeks of chemo and radiation. I am thankful she is doing so well through this trying time. She is thankful to Anne, she got her 5 dogs their tags.

I am thankful my granddaughter who let me know my great granddaughter is the size of an eggplant. 

Hospital called to go over "paperwork" so I don't have to make THAT trip. Doc would like me to spend the night, insurance is okay with that but depending on covid in that area on whether I do or not. 

I am thankful that those Hubby hauls for is willing to work with him while I am dealing with this. 

I am thankful that L on her way to school this morning, brought over bread and cookies M, her mom had baked the day before. Her brothers stopped the buggy at the end of our drive at our mailbox to pick her up. I am thankful Candy (their horse) did not leave a deposit in my driveway like most other horses do.

I am thankful that Hubby stopped and got milk last night and checked out the sales at Save A Lot while there.

I am thankful for a day without pain up to 8-9 on scale of 10 ( it's a 6 so far, usually goes up around supper)and decided to wash baby blankets to give to granddaughter AFTER today's laundry is dried on the drying racks. 

I would be more thankful if the SUN every pops out of the clouds like they forecasted... I do not think it's going to happen around here.


What are you thankful for?

Blessed Be 

9 comments:

  1. I have been frustrated since the start of this pandemic that my refrigerator freezer is so small and I have to shop so often because of this lack of room. I began to make some noises about buying a new refrigerator that might have more freezer space.

    I am thankful that my husband listened to my complaint and suggested that what we needed was just a small freezer. Today we visited all the stores that had small freezers and bought a 5 cubic foot one for $139 instead of a new refrigerator for $1500.

    Yes, Juls, I know you are rolling on the floor laughing at a person who has only *ONE* 5 cubic foot freezer. I'll never be the farmer you are, woman. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 7 cubic foot freezer in the barn. It was storing all the extra butter and now it's storing ice for M and E. I would not go without a small chest freezer. I've had one since I was 20.

      Delete
  2. LOL. Ever time I talked to our son who moved South from there this week he would tell me about the warm sunny weather where they were going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful my husband got his first covid shot today. I am thankful for my health as good as it is... I am thankful for my sisters and the joy they bring me. Is there anything I could do for your daughter? Does she need something in particular like the dog tags or something that I could pay for that would ease her burden? I would love to help in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne sent me $ for her and she got her dog tags. I know she has federal taxes to pay .. ok that we are going to pay since Unemployment didn't take them out even though she checked the box to do that. She's trying to get stuff for her first granddaughter due in April. I am hoping she is recovered by then . If she has surgery (still an IF) then she's be recovering about the time the baby is here.

      Delete
    2. I think you couldn't go wrong with a gift card to grocery store at which she shops.

      Juls, you might want to mention to your granddaughter that *she* should start looking around for used clothes and things for her baby. And to put the word out to friends and family that she would appreciate any contributions.

      Your daughter shouldn't be worrying about that at this point.

      Delete
    3. Well I am glad to help either with money or baby things, I could have things shipped Amazon if you can let me know what is needed.

      Delete
  4. Both granddaughter and daughter have some used things. They have to be careful they don't pick up covid also as they are in a HIGH covid area. I actually gave some things that I had gotten for her mother when she was born, used them for Granddaughter and then they were put in storage.. Waiting for baby shower that is in March.... even if it is virtual shower (like my grandson MIL had for them during covid). I will keep everyone updated.

    ReplyDelete