Monday, July 12, 2021

Calendars are in

 So I sat down and put in Aug and Sept. what to eat. Won't be necessarily the day it's written on but the thought it to cross off what we eat. 



Hubby asked if Daughter 4 had been up as it is definitely what she has done in the past. He did ask if we were going to start this month... I said no, we are going to east what is coming in from the gardens or what we pick up from Amish instead.
He then asked if I thought the grocery budget would go down and I brought up the eat out budget needed to go down first. 

I won't do the finance calendar until I get the paperwork from the new mortgage. Mortgage guy made sure the escrow was transferred since the farm ins is due in Sept. 

I pulled lasagna rolls from barn freezer for supper. Veggies and fruit will be what ever is ready in the gardens. 

Have a blessed day.

7 comments:

  1. We have our eat out money in cash each month and when it is gone it is gone. Ours is $175 which we usually spend about $135 of so I think we should probably just reduce it but Hubby likes to have plenty of money in his pocket. We do have a local coupon book, Attractions Book, that has great coupons and we start the year off with one and then buy more when the price goes down. We can pretty much eat out BOGO for any meal.

    That is great to have so many menus made. I circle the ones that we don't use so that I know what is left and move them forward. I only have this week left so I need to get the calendar and get to planning with new meats we have bought recently before they are forgotten. Last night I said to Hubby that I sure would like a piece of cake. He said he would go get a container of cake from the freezer. I had totally forgotten about freezing slices of bundt cake a few weeks ago. We must not have written it on the list. And so it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grandson's other grandparents use a book like that to eat out. Nothing like that available in this area. We used to use cash...but Hubby gets a lot of cash in the business through Amish so to keep things clear we went to using a cash back credit card.

      Delete
  2. That is ind of how I cook. What is available in the garden? Then add...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those calendars certainly do have large blocks! And, I like the lines, too. I don't know what lasagna rolls are, but they sound good.
    what are they exactly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a dish from Olive Garden. Here is a site that tells how to make them
      https://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/lasagna-roll-ups/
      I do not use the tomato sauce on the noodle ... just precook lasagna noodle, add cheese mixture to it and roll it up. I freeze them on a cookie sheet and then put in freezer container. So if I only want a couple I don't have to thaw the whole container.

      Delete
  4. Eating out has gone up in price but I'm sure restaurants are trying to get back on their feet. Fresh produce is the way to go if you have access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. between our gardens and all the Amish around us and then the produce auction we have plenty of fresh right now as long as you aren't wanting broccoli, cauliflower , eggplant or things along that line

      Delete