Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Happy Anniversary


 I told Hubby that I texted JD and told him happy 21st birthday... And then I said "Happy Anniversary Hubby".. he looked at me like I lost my freaking mind. Our anniversary is Feb. 

Four years ago we moved in. YEP. We signed closing the day before our oldest grandson's birthday and moved in on his brother's birthday.

As of today we have 153 items to do on the punch list not including a greenhouse. 

We talked about how the area is more to the lifestyle we grew up with. How the Amish is our bubble and the struggle to fit in with family when we are at gatherings. His sister is Mennonite so she understands. Our kids just make sure we can keep things up without much help and keep busy as they know that is what best for us in the long run. 



 My brother when out here the last time mentioned we both seemed at peace and happy and he hadn't reached that yet. He is 10 yrs old than me , definitely a work alcoholic that can no longer work due to health issues. He had planned to work until he died. I suggested some on line tutoring. Part time in the mornings as he needs a reason to get out of bed. He is looking into that. Cracks me up that he will text me "hey I am planting lilac  bush , what color do you think I should get? ( I suggested he asked his wife).  Or when he sent me the pic of the mixed flowers he got to grow for him. His wife told him anything he plants he has to take care of. He is in the city so the yard isn't big so that might keep him in control but you never know with him. He is happy in the city but misses the quiet of the country. 


5 comments:

  1. Being in the right place a the right time is wonderful. As we move closer to retirment, we ned to decide to stay downsize, or relocate all togehter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we also looked at transportation in the area if we could no longer drive. Since there is a lot of Amish in the area that need English drivers (usually for doctor appts) it is covered. Changing doctors will be an issue when we go on medicare in a few years

      Delete
  2. Happy House Anniversary!
    Sounds like you are doing well and at peace and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brother must really respect your judgment and opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry but I am snickering---it is workaholic!

    ReplyDelete