Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Daughter 4 update

 She got up at 4:30 this morning to go to orientation.... they didn't even let her sign in so no gas money coming back to her as they did a hiring freeze due to lack of parts and orders LAST WEEK but didn't bother to tell the 30 some people that was showing up today. 

She immediately texted me after she stopped crying about it. She is also applying for jobs on line and is willing to take part time just to get the money rolling in.

She had already changed her budget based on what she knew she would be earning (old job at old company so had that info). She has 2 utility bills that have to be paid off Nov.4th  since what she used was over what they had her on the budget for. 

I figured up what we have left in the budget for her... at least I know her divorce is paid for and the car is in good condition with repairs and maintenance. Even though that wiped out Nov and Dec budget. She figured she would be working full time. I just have to wait until MY money comes in to pay off her balances.

She knows we have $6000 of bills that have to be paid this month (truck brake system and the two porches) so I will cover her with my social security and my IRA.

We want house paid off before Medicare as a friend on the same meds as me has to pay out $6000/ month since she went on Medicare /Medicare gap. 

Extra payments on mortgage probably won't happen the rest of the year. I really hope I am wrong about that. Really hope she finds something. But even Son 2 said the airforce base is now at 25% of employees due to Delta covid.

Does this sound like a HERE WE GO AGAIN year???   

8 comments:

  1. Your poor daughter. Absolutely shameless of that company to not notify new hires to not come in. I live in urban Southern California and everyone, and I mean everyone, is screaming for employees. They disappeared during Covid and did not come back. Is that not the case where she lives? Also, could she get a job on your son's Air Force base? A government job would be great for her, some really good benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiring signs are all over, say they can't get workers but in reality they aren't really hiring or are real picky about hiring. Restaurants want to pay $4.50/ hr and not worry about the lack of tips for servers. Ohio law says if they don't earn $8/ hr with the tips the company has to pay the difference

      Delete
  2. Yes that base has been operating that way for about 18 months. Our AF officer son moved from there in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was back up to half a couple months ago when Son 2 was hired.

      Delete
  3. HOw frustrating, but I am sure things will work out. That is my biggest fear is not being able to get my meds once we are on full medicare and a supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around here there is a shortage of workers for all kinds of jobs. It is really a big problem. It must be different in your locality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honda cut back again... they are the biggest employer in 4 counties. She lives in what is called bedroom community of small businesses that have closed due to covid and no one having income.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear your daughter is struggling to find work. It is disgusting that the company did not bother to notify employees not to come in for orientation. The Covid delta variant is causing havoc everywhere. Where I live in Australia we are on our 6th lockdown, but due to people disobeying the rules, the number of daily cases in our state keeps rising.
    Why will your meds be so expensive on Medicare? I find it hard to understand how the medical system works in the USA. I thought Medicare was supposed to help people who could not afford private health insurance.
    I really hope you are able to pay extra on your mortgage to get it paid off soon.

    ReplyDelete