Thursday, April 21, 2022

Finances

 Our new mortgage is 8 months old...  We started with 360 payments. We are at payment 43 almost to payment 44. 

Hubby has 26 more payment to the work truck, the business pays for it so he figures he won't "retire" from the business until that truck is paid off. So he will be almost 66 when he stops .I don't believe he will stop but that is okay, he is planning it that way.

 We have no other debt.

We pay off the credit cards every month. I am using the cash back from our credit cards to pay for the "grid goes down" items. I put utilities, medical, supplies on the credit cards, then pull the $ from savings as it sits about 3 wks before the credit cards come due from the time our $ comes in for the month. On the advice of Hubby's parents, we did separate when our IRA's come in so we get Social Security one week, my IRA the middle of the month and Hubby's at the last part of the month. 

We have the money in the savings for the propane. Took some work to scrape it up now. Put off the "grid down" buying but it's there so I won't be stressing about it. Put off a couple projects we had planned to do on the house.

Hubby asked for the grocery list... milk, half and half, heavy cream, 6 lbs. of onions that should get me through until ours is growing or I can get the walking onions. They are kinds of squishy in the winter. 

Prayers for peace

Blessed Be

7 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me. If you can do it I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing extra this week. I have been going through a rough patch & it brightens my day to read something new here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, 44 payments in 8 months. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to ask what " grid goes down" meant, but you explained in the other post. I realize I'm not prepared for the absolute worst, but I guess in my head/ heart it got so bad, we'd likely not make it anyway. Now, if thinking bad power outage/ storm, I could do better that way so you have me thinking what we should have on hand or prepared beyond regular storm preparedness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. think of Texas with the winter storm, blizzards that last days or tornados. I have medication that needs to be kept refrigerated, a friend in Alabama said when his area got hit, he couldn't get fuel for his generator for 2 wks.

      Delete