Monday, September 25, 2023

Maple tree forecast

 I have noticed the last few years that the east maple tree starts turning about 4 to 6 wks. before the 1st snow. It started turning 2 weeks ago.




She's watching to see if I come up through E's pasture. 

This year it's turning faster than last year. 

I need to get the stove cleaned and ready and the front porch set up for wood. Hubby is allowed to move wood (with breaks) starting next week. Since it's load the tractor bucket and move it we should be able to handle it with breaks. 

Tomatoes need picked LOL. I did get 14 quarts of pears canned, am making pear sauce of what is left.


3 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you two every night so glad to see both of you up and attem. But slowly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our squirrels just now started stripping the hickory trees and this is two months later tan last year. It may not get cold here until December!

    Find a teenager to do the wood for you! Better to pay someone at this point than jeopardize yours or Hubby's health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to pay attention to nature and when and where things happen. Make sure he takes those breaks.

    ReplyDelete