Sunday, January 31, 2010

last day of Jan Eat from the Pantry challenge


Tonight is also take the trash can to the curb so I cleaned out refrigerators and am very proud to answer not one bite of food went in the trash. I have ended up with about 1/2 cup of cooked spinach in the taco casserole along with the last of the taco meat, last of the hamburger, last of the salsa con queso, the last of the stale tortilla chips along with the last of the sliced black olives. I will top it with the last of the salad, last of the tomatoes and last of the salsa....but not the last of the sour cream. Might add more cheese, have taco cheese and con queso cheese in frig

Since I will be gone for 2 wks starting Tuesday, I made dinners for the freezer for hubby, there is some lunches for him to pack for work the first week I am gone.The following week he will be at classes for work on first so will just buy it.

I've already decided that we will eat from the pantry again in Feb so I am taking my notes of what is in the pantry and what I will need to buy.

lesson learned this month: it does not help to stock up on something, then put it in a spot you don't normally use to store it.. I doubled the month non-food items by putting the first buy in the garage and then forgetting that it was there. I know make notes that I post in my control journal( http://www.flylady.net/) which is where I am building my pantry list very slowly LOL

until we meet again

blessed be

No comments:

Post a Comment