Sunday, January 12, 2020

From the pantry Jan 7th to Jan 13th

Jan 7th
Leftovers from the frig with fried eggs

Jan 8th Cheeseburgers with onions (garden) and mushrooms and garlic(garden)

Jan 9th Wingers... Hubby paid with his hobby money as an early bday present to me. And here I thought it was because I didn't have any cavities.... Pushing 61 and have never had a cavity.

Jan 10th. leftover wings and hot pickled cauliflower and crackers

Jan 11th spaghetti, meatballs (finished bag in freezer) homemade pasta sauce, sub buns (from freezer) as garlic bread.

NOTE made 6 batches of noodles, shared 2 batches with daughter 4 and dried the rest for our pantry. One batch is thin noodles to add to soups at the last minute, the other 3 for us is our sturdy , thicker wider noodle for main dish like beef and noodles over mashed potatoes.

Jan 12, took stuff to daughter 4 including the 2 batches of noodles and 4 1/2 dozen eggs.  ATE the last of the spag and meatballs adding the half of the left over mushrooms and onions I cooked the other day. FOR LUNCH as we both were starving when we got home.

 Had summer sausage, cheese, crackers and apples for supper.

Tomorrow I will have Freezer to plate meal Daughter 2 talked me into buying a while back. It's for frozen chicken so you don't have to thaw the chicken and it's rice and peas and carrots. I have a doc appt early afternoon so figured this would work plus get a box out of the cabinet.

Hubby brought a ham in from the barn freezer for Tuesday's meal. I already have planned to bake some acorn squash along with it. He mentioned there was a nice size hole in the freezer. LOL




4 comments:

  1. Wow, no cavities! To what do you attribute this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Daddy's good gums and Mother's good teeth ?? I didn't chew gum, drink pop or eat candy as a child.We used Colgate toothpaste when I was a child. My parents also took us to the dentist every 6 month , which I now know was unusually for the time but we almost lost Daddy's sister due to bad teeth so that probably was why they spent the money.Twice a day I use pro enamel toothpaste, plax, Act and the old Listerine. I spend 1 min Plax rinse, 2 min. brushing, 1 min flossing, 1 min Listerine (Act is at night before bed and is 1 min) I drink water between what ever else I drink and I drink water after meals.
      I take vit D with my calcium which helps also

      Delete
  2. I wish I had as many refrigerators and freezers as you do. Do you ever dehydrate food? Do you have a dehydrator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 dehydrators. I have dehydrated yellow squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, onions, red onions,carrots, celery, bell peppers, hot peppers, garlic scapes, garlic, apples, and several herbs I have grown

      Delete