Friday, March 20, 2020

What I did Thursday

was not what I had planned.
Laundry got done, dishes got done, I started working on decluttering the bfast bar...Supper was ham, sweet potatoes , yellow wax beans, pineapple rings, homemade rolls and homemade apple butter

Hubby came in and carried the potting soil upstairs (freaking right knee is giving way) So I went up to plant seeds...

AND SIGHED.




This is actually my office.During the winter I take my budget computer down stairs because we don't heat this area.

SO I decluttered it, cleaned it and planted tom seeds, kale, kale sprouts, spinach, swiss chard, eggplant, and lettuce.




Won't be long and I'll be taking the winter curtains down and putting up the summer curtains.


6 comments:

  1. I love the pine in this room. How cozy. Thanks for posting this. I need to see normal progress right now my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely stunned at the amount of wood in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the white maple, red maple and oak flooring is all from trees that were harvested off the land to build the house. Can tell when he didn't wait long enough for it to dry in the dining room and kitchen. For an 18 yr old on his own he did wonders .

      Delete
  3. We must be the only people who carry dirt and garden stuff upstairs to start seeds. I had a room with nothing in it, so I used it to spray furniture and plant seeds. There were no curtains on the windows, just lace, so I had plenty of room to use the room as a greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like a wonderful room. These windows upstairs are only 1 ft wide by 2 ft tall....

      Delete
    2. All my windows were a yard or 30 inches wide and over 72 inches tall. The house was built in 1902. I loved the light.

      Delete