Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Saving money

 I washed the foil and plastic bags we used.

We ate leftovers .

I put water in the hand lotion bottle.

I put water in the dish soap.

I transferred a dish cloth to the rag pile at the paper towels.

I break the dogs dental stick in 4ths and put one back in the bag. At the end of the month I have an extra 10 days for them.

I called the hospital about my surgery bill. They said it would be sent out in April. So I left the medical money sitting in the savings. 

I sorted my seeds and listed what I was out of or low on. Found 2 places that had them then searched for coupons/ codes. Finally ordered them saving about 40%.

I started working my garden plans. We hope to finish the original plans this year so after this it's maintain or update.

We bartered asparagus plants (we are ran over with a 4 x 100 ft patch) with L and A for 5 gallons of beet this coming fall. 

We bartered asparagus plants and 2 prayer bushes starts (red twig dogwood Amish call pray bushes)with H and M for repair Son 2 dresser.

We ran errands before going to chiropractic. We dropped off deposit for E at the bank, then picked up 50 lbs of flour for M. Then went to Menards to get oak veneer, adhesive and stain for Son2 dresser. I got small bags of inoculant as my order isn't going to come in like they thought. I went through the patio section and saw 2 chair cushions for kitchen porch and a canopy with mosquito netting for the deck at French doors like what we were trying to find 3 yrs ago when we bought this home. We crunched numbers with the 11% rebate and decided with it already on sale and the canopy on clearance we could do it. SO we got that. The old cushions will go to the deck for the metal chairs we have there.

Blessings     

 


5 comments:

  1. It's crazy how long it takes to settle hospital bills!

    We have not touched our March grocery money yet because we had roll over from last month and we have been careful with our shopping.

    Cashed in a rebate for $70 on iBotta that went back into the food budget.

    Vacationed at our lake house instead of paying for accommodations elsewhere. Cooked 80% of our meals at the house. Did free things we enjoy outside since the weather was nice.

    Cleaned out some forgotten rice krispies and sticky marshmallows and made some rice krispie treats.

    Stocked up on our favorite bacon at Aldi. 24 ounces of thick bacon only $4.25 but they have not had it for months.

    Did the join Sam's for $45 get $45 gift card back deal. Hubby's membership had just run out so this worked well.

    We had a chair lift put in the stairs of our two story, paid off house instead of moving. My car accident leg cannot lift me so I have been walking those stairs for 15 years with one leg doing all the work. That leg is now the one that hurts all the time. After only a few days I am doing so much better. There is no way we could have moved and incurred less than the cost of the lift. Besides, we love our house and our neighbors.

    Planned meals for the rest of the month and shopping lists as soon as we came home from the lake.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my in laws are getting a chair lift and walk in tub for the basement. MIL likes to soak once in awhile. They just bought their house 8 yrs ago and didn't think about things like that. Made us wonder because they took care of all their own parents and MIL brother. Grandson is going to widen both bedrooms and the bathroom door ways and ramp to the 4 seasons room and the garage and the front door. She can barely walk.

      Delete
    2. We thought the walk in tub would be awesome but then we saw one in two houses that we looked at. We realized that your shoulders and chest are out of the water and so we would be cold. Then the second house had a shelf in the bathroom with a whole row of boxes of chemicals needed to maintain the tub jets because they have to be flushed every month. No thank you! The last thing we want is more stuff to maintain!

      Delete
  2. You did well with the canopy and cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great on that canopy and things. Don't over do now .

    ReplyDelete