Wednesday, August 11, 2021

canning jars and lids


 Over 1500 and I messed up and didn't order enough quart wide mouth or pint regular mouth. I walked over to M before the semi driver had pulled away to let her know I had jars. That was at noon. By 4, two of the kids was over with the pull wagon to get 6 dozen of the regular mouth quarts. E had been to 3 places and got ZERO jars. 

 More than once I went to check on Wilbur. More than once out of habit for sure I would call "I am going out, Wilbur do you have to potty?" and then remember he isn't here. The tears still come, I just remind myself he is with his mom and being happy and free. Charlotte and Rascal hardly ate, Rascal clingy more than normal. Charlotte kept nosing Wilbur's collar so I put it on her and she settled down pretty good. She took it off her self(easy to do as his neck was bigger than hers) and laid in on his blanket that he always wadded up to sleep on during the day. I left it there. Probably won't mess with it until next week if then as I had just washed it a couple days before.

We got decent rain so I won't be watering. I will be canning. 


5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Our dog, our first, is 13 and I often look at her and know how horrid it will be when she goes to dog heaven, but how lucky we were to have her. I don’t comment much, but want to thank you for your blog and the time and effort you spend to make it interesting and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of jars! It is good you have some for neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused. YOU ordered 1500 canning jars, but then realized you hadn't ordered enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not confused. LOL. I have a spot in the dining room for what I need during the week... then I have a spot in the basement for what I need for the month. Extra quarts (ordered because I knew E would not find any for M) goes to garden shed so M can get to them if we are not home. I did not order enough FOR ME and it showed when we were putting them away.

      Delete
  4. Ad I thought I had just enough with finding about 15 for the little canning I do!

    ReplyDelete