Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Wilbur is over the rainbow bridge

 back together with his mom


Weebels and his siblings as he was the last living of her litter. 

Born May 3rd 2008 on my Daddy's birthday. Died August 10th 2021. Exactly 1 yr and 1 month from Daddy dying.

Found a softball size lump on his neck last night that hadn't been there that morning as I check all my dogs for lumps.  Emergency vet said cancer and it was crushing his wind pipe and in his lymphoid.

Hard day today as Charlotte has never been without him. She kept nudging his collar so I put it on her , seemed to comfort her. She took in off herself a couple hours later. Rascal looked for him last night and this morning... 

Heart breaking through the entire family as he was originally Daughter 2's dog and from her older dog's litter. 

Blessed be everyone 


10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. They become such a part of our family that it's hard when we lose them. As hard as the decision was I know you didn't want him to suffer. He will always be in your heart and you'll know you gave him the best life possible. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, it is so hard to lose a beloved pet. My heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to read about your Wilbur passing over the rainbow bridge.It is sad to hear how much Charlotte is missing him. And Rascal too.
    I know you are missing him too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your trusted friend. Hugs for you and your other pup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss, what a wonderful dog Wilbur was and what a great life you gave him. Blessed be to you and your family as you mourn his loss. J. P. in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sad how a dog will search for a companion who is gone. Sorry to hear you lost her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about Wilbur. It's so tough to lose our little buddies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss. Only consolation is that he no longer is in pain.

    ReplyDelete