Saturday, September 3, 2022

Have you heard about the tomato shortage!!!!!!

 Drought hit tomatoes hard. 

I decided to look at what all that would affect...

shortages will affect

Restaurants with salads, sandwich toppings, pasta, Mexican and other dishes that use tomatoes or tomato sauce.

Pizza places and BBQ joints would get hit also.

On the home front if you don't can it yourself...

tomato soup

tomato juice including V8

some veggie soups.

pasta sauce, pizza sauce, salsa

tomatoes fresh , diced canned, whole canned.

tomato sauce canned, tomato paste canned

BBQ sauce, some steak sauces, cocktail sauce.


Another thing I have noticed is in short supply/cost raised a lot. Campbells Fiesta nacho cheese soup and Campbells cheddar cheese soup. I noticed it when an Amish lady mentioned she was going to have to change her pantry soup because those two were hard to get. So I checked .... none of the stores around here have it...said it is on back order and it's through the roof in cost on Amazon. 

It's not HERE WE GO AGAIN... it's more of HERE WE ARE STILL.


3 comments:

  1. If there is one thing we do have stocked, it is tomato products of all kinds. But, I will watch and see what I find here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this from either Pinball or Patera. We did a Sam's run on Friday to pick up some canned tomato sauce. They had no paste at that store. Dh said he could eat Wm brand tomato soup, so that's in my cart now. Our drought here in Neb is bad. I'm getting some tomatoes but not what I normally get. I'm freezing them as they come in and will can later this fall.
    Potatoes are going to be in short supply too. Thankfully those did OK. I've canned the small ones and we are eating up what we dug. It should get us through to Cmas.
    Cotton is another crop loss. We both have jeans, tees, socks, underwear for a couple of years. I did order more hankies for the winter. We use those instead of tissues. I may get a new supply of towels and store them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stocked clothes right before we bought this house 4 yrs ago. Hubby thought I had lost my mind. Until he has someone mention his wife mended his undershorts and it wasn't the greatest job. LOL

      Delete