Thursday, December 8, 2022

weird


 It feels weird to not be figuring out how to get the canning done or what needs canned first LOL. 

I did get most the Christmas cards ready to go out tomorrow, I have 5 that I want to include letter in.

Hubby spent the day working on the solar pump for the deep water well. He got the hand pump attached which is the most labor but still needs to install the solar panels and the batteries. 

Thought it was kind of funny the morning before he started on it we lost power and my first comment was I have no water to do laundry. I have water for 3 days for regular uses but that wasn't the point when the solar pump had been on site for a month. He immediately went to install it. Did not think it would take more than a couple hours to do it completely but if necessary he can hand pump water. I grew up doing that at my grandfather's and aunts... 860 pumps with a hand pump for a wringer washer and rinse pan.  (UPDATE) he found it was going to be harder to install solar panels as he thought they went one way narrow side as side and longer side as height and it was the reverse. E is going to help him install them after he braces the walls they will hang on the pump house.) AND the electric went out 6 hrs... not big deal as I had already pulled water for the morning and just put off laundry until the next day.

We are changing the times we eat since Hubby is not hauling as much (slow season) plus he needs a snack around 7 pm or he munches through way too much (1/2 gallon of caramel popcorn that was suppose to be for me and I got none of it). I made the mistake of suggesting cheese and crackers... he ate a pound of each SIGH.... and he realized that wasn't good when the next day Doc was on him for gaining 6  lbs. in 3 months when it took him 9 months to lose it to begin with.

 I eat at 10 and 2 and eat light meals or snacks and dinner (supper) was at 5. Hubby wants to eat dinner/supper at 4 to 4:30 and have a snack at 7 as he is usually asleep by 8:30. I think the oatmeal bars I used to make for the kids' breakfast would be a good snack for him at night. Since he told Doc he was getting hungry a couple hours after eating supper. I just have to make sure he doesn't munch through them like he did the caramel popcorn. He drinks over 1 gallon of water a day not including his 20 ounces of coffee or 20 ounces of dandelion tea (for his gout). 

We went and got fuel additive for the generators , lawn mowers , tractor and both trucks. When it clicked none of that was written in the budget... nor was the fuel for the tractor, lawnmowers or generators... SIGH. Nor was the grandkids moving out on their own money that we give them. Back to redoing that budget.

We haven't had sunshine for almost a week. Drizzle , foggy  and dreary.

The sun came out but the wind was above 25 mph. Charlotte doesn't like wind in her ears but wanted the sunshine. Kept going out , getting in her chair and then coming right back in . So I moved the dog bed into the sunshine


  

I spent the day , moving the bed with her on it to keep her in the sunshine. Hubby just laughed. 

Hope you are well and safe

Blessed be 

Prayers for peace



6 comments:

  1. We have a senior dog that loves lying in the sun this time of year. I move her on top of the spare bed since that gets great midday sun, and she goes out like a light ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how sweet to move her bed as the sunshine shifted. I'd be doing the same thing. Your realization about items missing from your budget is a good point for all of us as it is those infrequent items that seem to not be thought of when planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we have had is rain, rain, rain and dark dreary days. I hope if the sun comes out that Hubby will drag me around the house and put me in the sin, too! LOL

    I said I was done canning but now I see that Lidl will have boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 1.99 next week and theirs are not all loaded up with liquid additives. I may get another load of chicken done since we burn through it so fast and the price is right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's pup loves the sun too. My dog just wants his cozy spots, or where I am. I think you deserve to be at a weird time not canning or growing something, but you always seem to have projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Charlotte! Instead of giving husband so much or him bringing so much to his chair to eat, just limit what will be eaten and stop eating then. I cannot get a cookie or a few nuts or cheese and leave it alone if it is near me. However, do not use me as an example of a healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He doesn't take anything to his chair nor do I bring him anything other than night time med with water. Our primary doctor and head nurse (his wife) are obese.

    ReplyDelete