Wednesday, January 11, 2023

I DON'T WANT TO !!! DAY

 It's cold enough the "rain" coming in is very small snow that won't make a coating on the grass. Still Hubby insisted that I not be out in any "moist" weather with pneumonia going around. I understand the concern since awhile back I had 3 different pneumonias back to back including walking pneumonia through the winter. I was wanting to trim the blackberry and raspberry bushes. He was wanting to burn the asparagus ferns that are dead as we don't salt the ground of the asparagus like the Amish do.

Since it's going to be in the 40s and 50s today and tomorrow, we are letting the wood stove go out so I can clean it. It takes 4-6 hrs. to cool down enough for me to scrap the areas that ash and creosote gathers. We don't get much creosote as we use a chemical twice a week the helps prevent that from happening PLUS we have a gauge on the stove that warns us if the stove it dropping heat to that level or too hot. 

We would have been getting the 3rd winter fill of propane... we are still on the first so that is another savings of $600. So we have broke even with what we have spent on coal for the wood/coal stove... in fact we have part of next year's coal included in that since we picked up more. We would have to go to below 32 for 90 straight days to use the coal up. E told Hubby that he dragged 2-3 trees that are a bit small for his stove up to the equipment shed out of his woods thinking maybe we could use it for night wood. In exchanged Hubby is going after a thirty foot I Beam that E needs as they are expanding the kitchen tomorrow and will be finishing building the new wash aka laundry/ mudroom room in the spring. E told Hubby to NOT split them (like I said) to leave them ROUND as they would burn longer and to only use them at night or if we would be gone the whole day. That will be a cost next year, though E said if Hubby would bring his saw over when they were cutting wood next year he could have some wood for free. We will see as most times when they are cutting, he has hauling jobs.

Hubby has found himself snacking if we have a broth soup and asked for more stew like or a milk based soup or sandwiches with the soup instead of just a salad. I did offer a soup, salad and wrap as he eats more tortilla wraps instead of bread or buns.

I did finish up the spread sheet for Dec. We came in under budget by $306.50.

We have a few more left to come in for Jan. Usually by mid month all the bills are in. 

We started looking for a replacement for the truck (not work truck). I float between truck and SUV .

SIGH... I still DON'T WANT TO LOL 



4 comments:

  1. Tommy prefers wraps and flatbreads over sandwich, so he eats all of them. I prefer bread. It sounds like you are doing well getting wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a terrible snacky mood last night, then realized how much running around, plus mental work I did, all on about three bites of vegetarian curry. I need to remember what sets off my snack binges. Your husband is a good barterer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My whole life is I don't want to right now, but I can feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my late husband died I went through the I don't want to for solid year. I was down to 75 lbs. which what my youngest weighed before I turned around

      Delete