Thursday, September 21, 2023

SO far behind. ... LANA I have question

Lana, what was the holistic site you suggested?.... my GI  and a couple friends (one has RA and can't afford her 3 biologics) would like to look at it. 

I did get the tomatoes that was picked canned as pasta sauce. But I haven't been to the gardens.

The garlic is in to plant for next year's garlic. That will be today. 

 I got one more round of zucchini to go in dehydrators. Still have a few for a fresh dish. 

I still need to wash potatoes and put them in storage. 

I need to deal with watermelon. I need to reorganize the frigs as there is a lot of fresh produce that needs ate NOW.

I told Hubby we are having pork, sweet potato, brussels sprouts and carrot cake Saturday... he looked at me and then laughed. First day of Autumn . 

I still need to do the fall cleaning including the wood stove and winter curtains as it sounds to be a doozy coming at us and maybe earlier than late Nov. which is usual for us.

Primary Doc is a friend, he told Hubby, he can cut wood with chain saw but not lift wood to buzz saw. He is to have the Amish neighbor kids pick the wood up and stack it or I can. He can use the gas motor splitter but not by hand. As his doctor he can advise, as his friend of decades he can put his foot up his butt. Since even his friend from where he worked as been on him, the friend that Hubby saved his life doing chest compressions when he dropped from heart attack at work... he is listening. HE had a doctor appt yesterday.. just a lot of paperwork but it was an 2 hr. drive to it. He told the nurse he was going to set his phone alarm for 30 mins. and take a nap in the corner of their waiting room before he drove him. They took him back to their break room so he could lay down on the couch. She called to let me know he was taking a nap before heading home and their head nurse was going to listen to his heart before he would leave to make sure nothing was going on. They are medical for his brain. Definitely a good office to care beyond their specialty. 

I need to look for part D for myself. LOL I know I am doing straight Medicare (already talked to all my doctors) and I will get Medigap from AARP (been member for 10 yrs) so Part D is the last part. I've looked a bit but need to finalize that so on Oct 1st I can just slap that on and have it set for Jan 1st (I turn 65 in Jan) 

Hubby has had the doctors he is seeing now to take both his medical cards so it's 1 time of doing paperwork. He just has to remind them to remove the other insurance next month. The one was so excited as it removes the preapproval crap (their word to Hubby). 

Hubby's new Cardo doctor that works here in town besides over to the hospital one town over. Made a point of going past our house. Took one look at the gardens in front of the house. She asked if we grew dried beans. Not this year as we have 150 lbs.  of them in storage. Said put them in the rotation of eating 3 to 4 times a week. Hubby shook his head, nope wife has Crohns. So she said once a week for me and four for him. Then he told her I canned part of them so we could have a quick meal. No sense buying canned refried beans when I can open a jar I canned for the same thing. I can eat a little of beans at a time, but not back to back days. Refried doesn't bother me at all... or hasn't yet.

 Since Hubby has been in hospital , Charlotte has been waking me up at 2 and as long as I am here in dining room until Hubby wakes up she will leave him alone and she sleeps. I think she is "nurse on duty" until 2 and I get the next shift. I am okay with it. I can go back to sleep.



3 comments:

  1. I have a dog with skin allergies and the medication is getting too to expensive on my limited budget(Apoquel). Do you give Charlotte raw eggs or do you cook them and does it help her? Thanks, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I float. I keep a dozen boiled and feed her 2 (she is 60 lbs. of muscle) I might scramble her one if we are eating eggs also. She will eat raw and my vet said it would not hurt her to eat raw. Does her skin allergies occur at a certain time of year? Is it something from outside or in the house? If it's year around it might be what she is laying on and that might be a cleaning product including laundry soap. Outside I found we have have red clover in spring and white clover in late summer... I will give her Benadryl (or generic, Vet said go by her weight and use children's meds ) for that along with the egg. I also changed her dog food. I will wipe her down during clover season (HA HA) with a rag that has Blue Dawn (they use it to clean wild life during oil spills) 3-4 times a day especially when she is coming in at night. It took us a good 2 years to figure out it was part of what I have in my homemade laundry soap(Fels naptha , I now use Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap. It's what Pop could use for his skin.

      Delete