6 inches of rain in past week.Getting some almost daily even after they forecasted we would have a drought this summer... that sure has not happened here.
Charlotte has anxiety with storms so almost nightly I am up with her. Med will only work if taken 2 hrs BEFORE the storm... Like I am up watching to see if it will storm in our area??? or even when it doesn't forecast it we get it??? She does better if we are sleeping on floor in bathroom so I made a pallet like my Daddy did when he was a kid and the only boy.Last night she started in her chair in the bedroom, then nosed me to go to the bathroom with her, then went outside (gentle rain by then) and then to the laundry room to curl up on the pallet I use to stand on to get clothes off the bottom of the washer (yes I am short). She woke me up at 4 and I told her to LAY DOWN. Hubby was making coffee and went outside to laugh as he knew that would trigger her into pushing for me to get up.
Roma beans canned and pulled, Cucumbers canned at relish, next batch will be pickles, ,tomatoes never did well so Hubby is pulling them this week. I have wax beans and purple beans (turn green when cooked/canned) to finish canning and pulling. KY wonder beans to can and the rest of them can dry for sowing next year. Have watermelon, honeydew melon and cantaloupe to harvest and freeze. Cabbages to harvest.
I haven't been out today to check on the new patch of peas. I know they are up.
E stopped this morning to tell me the next 5 dozen ears of corn will be in on Friday morning around 8. Said water is still standing in our garden along with his about to his calf of his leg. So I might not get much more from the gardens. The pantry shelves are full,most of the freezers are full. I need to get them down by late fall when the meat comes in.
My cell phone will no longer run about half of my apps. Debating on wheither to buy a new phone or just delete the apps and use computer only.
Calling Son2 three times a day to remind him to take meds.He has to eat when he takes them. He still is not able to stand to cook. VA is starting a home help of 9 hrs a week in Sept. on top of medical checking in with him every other day.Kind of pushes him as he has always been a hermit when at home.
Hope every one is doing good, healthy and find something that makes them happy daily.
LIKE A NAP LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment