Sunday, April 15, 2018

Groceries for the week

My girlfriend (who is in the middle of remodeling their home and we crack jokes about being at Menards,Home Depot and Lowes and ordering on line) sent me a text that Krogers had strawberries on sale 99¢/lb as she knows I just pitch the ads. So when Hubby went to pick up the doors we ordered that came in at Mendards, we swung by Krogers for me to pick up a few things.

On the list, apples, kale and red cabbage (son2 had a apple kale slaw he said was to die for and he doesn't like kale at all) and strawberries....bananas.With a check on meat marked down...

What I got was:
strawberries 99¢/lb... 4 lbs
potatoes 10 Lbs 3.99
yellow onions 3lbs 1.99
kale bunch 69¢
bananas 6 a little on the green side 92¢
apples 3 lb 3.99
red cabbage 1.87 lb for 1.10
frozen boneless skinless chicken breast 3 lb 6.99
fresh boneless skinless chicken breast 4.77 lb 8.49
pork butt 17.9 lbs for 99¢/ lb for $16.83
spending a total of $48.64 and saved $38.38

at the local store I got
milk
5 -6pks of coke for $10
3lbs of ground beef
and 4 center cut pork chops..
Spent a total there of $48.64 but tossed my reciept before I inputted the info in price book

We had hamburgers for supper and this morning I shoved half of the pork butt in oven and the other half in the freezer along with the porkchops. I finished cooking the last of the hamburger and made it sloppy joes which fed us lunch for today (pork butt will be dinner). Hubby and I came up with using the rest of the sloppy joe as sloppy joes, hamburger pie, coney sauce,tacos(burritos, enchilida, nachos) sauce on Ramen noodles )or any pasta) over rice etc... I have to let it cool down so I can package it for the freezer. We will have the pork butt as roast tonight, over grits with gravy with slaw tomorrow . Then into the freezer with thoughts of pulled pork, BBQ pork, mock Brunswick stew, in tortilla wraps and with kraut and mashed potatoes.

What did you buy this week?
Blessed be

No comments:

Post a Comment