Tuesday, April 28, 2020

trying to think of what I did frugal

this past week...

We reused 4 sq ft gardens boxes and 1 sandbox from the old farm for the north garden.

We reused some weed barrier we had taken up from the south garden last fall for the north garden.

We reused the dirt from the bags we had potatoes in last year for the onion boxes in the south garden.

I washed several freezer bags out and some foil that was not in bad shape.

I put used coffee grounds on the blueberries.

I dug up strawberry plants out of the yard and transplanted to a sq foot box.

I hung clothes on line or drying racks.

Couple meals were cook once and reheat afterwards

Transplants seedlings into used containers so they can get bigger before it's time to put them in gardens.

Planted more seeds in the seed warmer (little hot house that sits on the table in the office)

Used Kroger points for fuel.

Son 2 gave me clothes to cut up for masks for him. I went through them and pulled out clothes for myself. The rest can go into masks.

Had a Crohn's attack and end up in ER (not frugal) had a ton of testing that also checked my heart(I have left sided heart failure). Which actually saved me from having 4 other visits to other doctors and testing appts so I guess that was frugal.

My GI call me today with a couple recipes for homemade electrolytes drinks that I need to start using on  a daily bases. That was frugal as he knew I wouldn't spend the money on it for daily use.

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had an attack, how frustrating. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame, SHAME on you for even thinking that you wouldn't buy electrolyte drinks because you didn't want to spend that money on your health. You would certainly buy them if it was for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wouldn't drink them as he hates the taste.But you are correct... I can eat and drink the meds known as food or be in the hospital with the iv running in me.. and I have really bad veins

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. Hopefully these electrolyte drinks will help. I think it's great that you can buy a few to use sparingly, but would be there if needed, but still have a recipe to make up to use for the most part.

    I have never put coffee grounds on blueberries before, but it makes sense that they would like them. I put them on strawberries before, but my favorite thing to do with them is to put them in the carrot row to discourage those pesky wire worms. I read that somewhere, and have seen a nicer carrot crop (but not a perfect one) when I remember to do it. If I get a bunch, I just put it into the compost bin and add it to the rest. Right now Starbucks isn't giving out those grounds for gardeners around here, but my daughter got me some from her work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself no matter what it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are recipes for homemade electrolytes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lemon juice and lime juice, salt and sugar mixed with water... OR orange juice and lemon juice salt and sugar mixed with water.

      Delete