Monday, July 11, 2022

Okay... here we go with the grocery budget...$42.37/month

 Biweekly

milk $3.49

half and half $2.69

heavy cream $2.79

cottage cheese $2.99 (Hubby added it for stuff pasta shells, manicotti and lasagna)

Total $11.96

Once a month 

celery $1.79

carrots $2.19

tricolor bell peppers $4.29 (I can't eat green ones)

White mushrooms $4.19

Portabella mushrooms $5.99

Total $18.45

GROCERIES FOR THE MONTH $42.37

We will be out of choc. bars (we put peanut butter on them ), chips and soda.

STOCK UP

of turkey, chicken breasts, chicken thighs, chicken wings, peanut butter... maybe cube steak, round steak, dinner sausage patties and G&R (Bar in Waldo OH) bologna AFTER wood/coal stove, chimney, propane, batteries for solar water pump and the saw is paid off.

I could and have dropped it lower than that but I don't want to trigger feelings of DEPRIVED in Hubby


5 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm depriving two people when I stretch the budget. But, if I make curry for my daughter and burgers or chicken for husband, I ward off the feeling a bit. Now I want stuffed shells. I'll be doing a stick up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really amazing how long we can go without going to the store for something we think we cannot do without. If we look around there is always usually a substitute and often it is a welcome change from what we have been eating over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all you are spending for July? If so, I am impressed. If otherwise, I misunderstood and still am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the budget until Sept... maybe rest of year.

      Delete
  4. It will be interesting to see if those prices go up or remain steady. Now that it is all written down in one place, it will be easy to compare.

    ReplyDelete